About McDermed Law Office
Breccia Marie McDermed founded McDermed Law Office after working many years at a large firm in downtown Fort Worth. McDermed Law Office is a client-focused and personalized family law practice representing people throughout Central Texas, including Waco, McLennan County, Bell County, Falls County, Bosque County, Hill County and Limestone County.
Legal matters concerning the family are the most personal and emotional cases a lawyer handles. Therefore, it is important to find a lawyer who provides more than just excellent results. As a family law attorney and as a person who has experienced many of the same issues as my clients, I have a unique understanding & insight regarding what my clients are going through. As a result, I strive to be the family law and divorce attorney that I would want if I were going through a divorce, child custody dispute, or other family law matter. To that end, here is what you can expect when you hire me to handle your divorce or family law matter:
- Compassionate & Understanding Counsel as I have been in the same situation as many of my clients. Therefore, I can relate to the stress and complications of family issues that are often messy and can leave a person feeling completely distraught and lost. I also remember how difficult it can be to find enough time during the day to take care of everything that life throws at us. That's why I offer consultations over the telephone, at my office, or I can come to you.
- Reasonable & Affordable Legal Fees that are set during our very first consultation. There will never be any added legal fees for the matter for which you hire us. The amount you are told at our initial consultation is all you will ever pay from beginning to end of your legal matter. Being a single parent to my son for his entire life, I also understand the financial stress that can accompany single parenthood. Thus, I'm happy to offer a client a payment plan for his/her legal fees because I know that money can only stretch so far.
- Flexible Payment Plans for every budget. When it comes to issues involving your family, the last thing you want to do is be forced to put your family's future and livelihood in the hands of an attorney that you don't like, don't trust, or is simply not a good lawyer (yes, unfortunately, there are many of those lurking around) because of money issues. This is why we not only ensure our legal fees are affordable and reasonable, but we also allow our clients to make payments on their legal fees if they are unable to pay the full amount at one time. We don't have any set payment plans, rather we tailor each payment plan around our client's circumstances.
- Accessible to our clients. We provide our clients multiple methods to contact us so that we will be able to respond to a client's question or concern promptly. We believe that questions or concerns involving family matters are too important to restrict to a 9am-5pm setting. We offer a variety of communication options that allow you to communicate with your legal team after regular business hours, when time is of the essence.
- Father's Rights. We focus on representing fathers and husbands. Unfortunately, in the past, family courts frequently treated fathers as the second-rate parent, when often nothing could be further from the truth. A primary mission of McDermed Law Office is to strive to change this thinking in the family courts and fight for a father's right to be treated as an equal parent with the mother.